The official forums for Last Haven, an intricate MMOFPS experience.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Writer Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Writer Application   Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:57 am

If you'd like to be a writer for Last Haven then you should apply here.

Samples of your writing would be greatly appreciated, if possible please provide some.

Also, if you have any past history of work on games, short stories, animes, movie series, etc. then it would be appreciated if you provide those as well.

Thanks!

-Ronnie-
Project Leader
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pieboy12345
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 19
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Hey, Guys! Ronnie saw me on another site and asked me to post here. Here's a project I wrote for a platformer game where the programmer bailed:
It was a dark, but not really stormy night. A lone man was making camp for the night at the base of a mountain he was passing by. Suddenly he hears a bloodcurdling scream. It was a woman's. As a knight of the Kingdom of Whatchamacallit he knew had had to answer the cries of a damsel in distress. He starts to climb the mountain when suddenly it starts to pour. He looks up at the sky at sees a flash of light a small glimpse of a magical staff. He knew it was an evil wizard up there that would stop at nothing to prevent him from completing his quest. He gripped the rock tighter now more determined than ever. The rain had made it slick but he could manage a slow climb. He eventually reaches a series of ledges. They almost look like platforms he thought. Wow this is like a bad fantasy game he thought to himself was he started to jump from ledge to ledge. Suddenly boulders begin to fall and monsters are conjured out of no where. The wizard refused to give up. He continues to conjure monsters, throw things down, and cause general chaos in his attempts to throw the knight from the mountain. The knight continues up fighting monsters and avoiding obstacles in his seemingly never ending quest to do the age old knightly thing, RESCUE THE PRINCESS! (Note: This is something I would write for a fantasy platformer game)

And here's a rough copy of a short story I'm working on:

The Age Of Darkness

As if the world itself new what was coming a cold breeze swept across the ground. Suddenly, it happened, utter darkness. The last of the sun's light had reached the all too knowing planet. Citizens who had stood by in awe just minutes before now erupted into panic. Looters filled the streets, lights blared to their full capacity. The world was over, a new age had arrived. The Age Of Darkness. Police tried the bestcthey could but nothing could stop the endless waves of people from doing whatever pleased them at the moment. Bullets littered the streets as people killed each other over nothing.

*Top secret government base*
Location: Classified
Date: Classified
Time: Classified
Mission: Classified

"Attention!" yelled a commanding man in black. "We must bot forget why we are here!"
"Umm..." began a nervous looking man "why are we here sir?"
"We are here to make sure all of out planets species do not obliterate each other in a trivial fight for survival." stated the man in black. At this point a roar of approval, disapproval, and general chaos erupts. Guards nervously look at each other realizing that they can't hold the mass of all the world dignitaries at bay if they riot.
"Enough!" yells a women dressed from head to toe in scarlet. "We have a plan."
"Oh yeah!" yells a voice from the crowd. "Does it involve saving you and your families!" Once again chaos over takes the crowd.
"No!" yells the man in black. "Just because we are government officials gives us no more right to escape than the regular everyday citizens. We will save only a two. Two randomly selected citizens. Ones who have no say in the matter. And neither do you." Rage from all now comes forth and guards must physically restrain many.
"They are not fully of our species" the woman in scarlet begins "they have been beneficent engineered by our top scientists to withstand the climate of a new planet we will send them to. Now we unveil the planets cordinates. We will be sending the new species members, named Adam and Eve to..." The man and black and the woman in scarlet raise their fourth arms in sync, "...planet Earth." They finish together.



Okay. So, what do ya think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
und3adwarrior



Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 pm

I like it! Very interesting and catchy, and with the first story funny. I think you would make a great addition to the team and my writing squad (thought that sounded cool lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pieboy12345
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2011-01-24
Age : 19
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:50 am

So, how do I get it to say dev team like yours and get access to stuff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedRaven
Head Project Manager / Lead Music Producer and Sound Technician
Head Project Manager / Lead Music Producer and Sound Technician


Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 25
Location : The darkest places of my mind

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:58 am

pieboy12345 wrote:
So, how do I get it to say dev team like yours and get access to stuff?

Well, Sean is our head writer, but for anyone to be officially hired it has to go through Ronnie or me first.

I just sent you a PM (you'll want to read it).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
filthypanda13



Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-01-26

PostSubject: Hey all   Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:59 am

Hey all, I think Ronnie saw me on another website, but I have plenty of ideas. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Smile (Not sure what to post here. lol) Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerimo
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 42
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello, I am Jerimo I was referenced to this forum by PieBoy12345


New world

Prelude
(0)


What is now old, could always be new in the future


At the end of our world, the sun colapsed releasing tremendous amounts of energy.The planet earth , as we know it, was hurled into outer space, causing all life to end.After millions of years, the planet had flawn across to a new galaxie,Criterion two; Criterion two's central star, Quatrio, pulled and tugged at earth until it's orbit stabilised in the livable ring. The univers' un-perfectedness caused earth to once again sustain life, with a dark and secret past.

Once earth had settled into it's orbit completely, the weather stabilised. The ice, covering ninety-nine percent of the planet, started to melt, over the next century. This land that had once harbored an advanced specie, would have a new chance dawn apon it to sustain new civilisations who would live in the ruble of the once great Humans.

After millions of years in the entrails of the planet, underground ice had saved some bacteria from extinction. The bacteria started "morphing" with the ages to become better, more apt to become the dominent specie, to evolve following it's evolution path, as it had once did in a long forgoten past. After much more changes, two totaly diferent species prevailed, the altered and the minority.

The altered are, simply put, humanoids, adaped to this new world. While the other, much more agresive, minority have developed "skills" called magic by some, and not mentioned by the rest. No-one in the altered has recorded any of the skills the minority had, for one simple reason; No person having seen one of their powers has lived to record information about it. Only a hand-full of the active minoity live, as they are either slaughtered by the altered or do not know they possess such power. Even though both the Altariods and Minori come from the same ancestor, the altered are scared by the minority while the minority thrives on the altered's fear.

The altered were prepared for a time of great war, All the weapon makers were foraging for any material they could manage to get there hands on to protect their soldiers against the minority, the soldiers were all fencing to practice for the great battle about to unfold, and the great leaders were having a tense discussion trying to figure out the best strategy against the minority.

After months of preparation for the final raid, the altered started their march to Miniaroti the minority's "safe haven".When the time came to finaly face off, the altered found an empty city. After long weeks of walking towards the active minority's final destination they needed to turn around back to their homeland, to their wife and children.Before leaving they descided to set-up camp for pne final night befroe calling retreat...

To the altered's despair, the leader of the minority's defence squad had the skill to make anything invisible. He had used his skill to hide all the inhabitents of Miniaroti, until the night had shown its face; When the trechurous clutches of night and sleep had hit the Altered, the Minorie launched their desperate attack.

At the scream of the first few men to be slaughtered all the others woke up, franticly trying to get to their weapon before their turn came. The leader of the tenth squad, who was sleeping at the furthest edge from the city, had howled after all his men to get into formation. They all obeyed, all had there weapons to there side and there sheild on their backs. Thaughts were rushing through all there heads; Is there a way for us to come out alive? Could it be possible that my wife and children survive after my death? These were all unanswerable questions, they knew, but couldn't resist the urge to think. They were all pushed into combat by there squadren leader: Rathiur Kalgrom, a respectable man who had worked for the Supreme Comander, but had been demoted to a squad leader shortly after the Supreme Comander had been attacked, shortly after Rathiur was told to get his rest...But noone wanted to beleive him, they all said he was the one who had led the Minori into the comander's house.

The Altered were up to their necks in trouble, they may have been succeesful at eliminiting the Minories but one of them prevailed in cambat; His skill: To be undefeatable, to be like a svage wolf killing it's dinner. He possesed his body with the spirit of the fighting wolf, overcoming the Altered as if nothing was more simple, as if there body was as fragile as a bug on which you stomp to be rid of. He and only he possesed such great fighting skills, some had tried to train to be as strong but their body soon gave in from the labor; His body could withstand great pressure, which the Alteroid's supreme comander soon learnt...

Tell me what you think, and also please state the things we will have to write about(generality would be okay, though being rather specific would be alot better)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
isonno



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 am

Hey, Guys! I was told to come here by Ronnie... My previous works include one project that is in the making (TextRPG 2:The Turning Point) and one that was started but never finished...If you would like me to, I will post a story that could showcase my talents.

~Thanks~
isonno
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 am

isonno wrote:
Hey, Guys! I was told to come here by Ronnie... My previous works include one project that is in the making (TextRPG 2:The Turning Point) and one that was started but never finished...If you would like me to, I will post a story that could showcase my talents.

~Thanks~
isonno

I would really appreciate if you would post a story if you would please. Just so I can get a idea of your talents like you sugguested.

Thanks

-Ronnie-
Co-Executive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:44 am

jerimo wrote:
Hello, I am Jerimo I was referenced to this forum by PieBoy12345


New world

Prelude
(0)


What is now old, could always be new in the future


At the end of our world, the sun colapsed releasing tremendous amounts of energy.The planet earth , as we know it, was hurled into outer space, causing all life to end.After millions of years, the planet had flawn across to a new galaxie,Criterion two; Criterion two's central star, Quatrio, pulled and tugged at earth until it's orbit stabilised in the livable ring. The univers' un-perfectedness caused earth to once again sustain life, with a dark and secret past.

Once earth had settled into it's orbit completely, the weather stabilised. The ice, covering ninety-nine percent of the planet, started to melt, over the next century. This land that had once harbored an advanced specie, would have a new chance dawn apon it to sustain new civilisations who would live in the ruble of the once great Humans.

After millions of years in the entrails of the planet, underground ice had saved some bacteria from extinction. The bacteria started "morphing" with the ages to become better, more apt to become the dominent specie, to evolve following it's evolution path, as it had once did in a long forgoten past. After much more changes, two totaly diferent species prevailed, the altered and the minority.

The altered are, simply put, humanoids, adaped to this new world. While the other, much more agresive, minority have developed "skills" called magic by some, and not mentioned by the rest. No-one in the altered has recorded any of the skills the minority had, for one simple reason; No person having seen one of their powers has lived to record information about it. Only a hand-full of the active minoity live, as they are either slaughtered by the altered or do not know they possess such power. Even though both the Altariods and Minori come from the same ancestor, the altered are scared by the minority while the minority thrives on the altered's fear.

The altered were prepared for a time of great war, All the weapon makers were foraging for any material they could manage to get there hands on to protect their soldiers against the minority, the soldiers were all fencing to practice for the great battle about to unfold, and the great leaders were having a tense discussion trying to figure out the best strategy against the minority.

After months of preparation for the final raid, the altered started their march to Miniaroti the minority's "safe haven".When the time came to finaly face off, the altered found an empty city. After long weeks of walking towards the active minority's final destination they needed to turn around back to their homeland, to their wife and children.Before leaving they descided to set-up camp for pne final night befroe calling retreat...

To the altered's despair, the leader of the minority's defence squad had the skill to make anything invisible. He had used his skill to hide all the inhabitents of Miniaroti, until the night had shown its face; When the trechurous clutches of night and sleep had hit the Altered, the Minorie launched their desperate attack.

At the scream of the first few men to be slaughtered all the others woke up, franticly trying to get to their weapon before their turn came. The leader of the tenth squad, who was sleeping at the furthest edge from the city, had howled after all his men to get into formation. They all obeyed, all had there weapons to there side and there sheild on their backs. Thaughts were rushing through all there heads; Is there a way for us to come out alive? Could it be possible that my wife and children survive after my death? These were all unanswerable questions, they knew, but couldn't resist the urge to think. They were all pushed into combat by there squadren leader: Rathiur Kalgrom, a respectable man who had worked for the Supreme Comander, but had been demoted to a squad leader shortly after the Supreme Comander had been attacked, shortly after Rathiur was told to get his rest...But noone wanted to beleive him, they all said he was the one who had led the Minori into the comander's house.

The Altered were up to their necks in trouble, they may have been succeesful at eliminiting the Minories but one of them prevailed in cambat; His skill: To be undefeatable, to be like a svage wolf killing it's dinner. He possesed his body with the spirit of the fighting wolf, overcoming the Altered as if nothing was more simple, as if there body was as fragile as a bug on which you stomp to be rid of. He and only he possesed such great fighting skills, some had tried to train to be as strong but their body soon gave in from the labor; His body could withstand great pressure, which the Alteroid's supreme comander soon learnt...

Tell me what you think, and also please state the things we will have to write about(generality would be okay, though being rather specific would be alot better)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience (replying to what you said on the kongregate forum). I really enjoyed what you've written and I'm willing to give you a chance, if you are still interested. You would be writing/adding to my character bios that have been placed out or offering a better ones, writing quests and you can add to the character histories that I have already written. You are more than welcome to sugguest other ideas, i.e. weapon ideas and such. I think you get the point.

-Ronnie-
Co-Executive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jerimo
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 42
Join date : 2011-01-30
Location : Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:19 am

Ronnie wrote:
jerimo wrote:
Hello, I am Jerimo I was referenced to this forum by PieBoy12345


New world

Prelude
(0)


What is now old, could always be new in the future


At the end of our world, the sun colapsed releasing tremendous amounts of energy.The planet earth , as we know it, was hurled into outer space, causing all life to end.After millions of years, the planet had flawn across to a new galaxie,Criterion two; Criterion two's central star, Quatrio, pulled and tugged at earth until it's orbit stabilised in the livable ring. The univers' un-perfectedness caused earth to once again sustain life, with a dark and secret past.

Once earth had settled into it's orbit completely, the weather stabilised. The ice, covering ninety-nine percent of the planet, started to melt, over the next century. This land that had once harbored an advanced specie, would have a new chance dawn apon it to sustain new civilisations who would live in the ruble of the once great Humans.

After millions of years in the entrails of the planet, underground ice had saved some bacteria from extinction. The bacteria started "morphing" with the ages to become better, more apt to become the dominent specie, to evolve following it's evolution path, as it had once did in a long forgoten past. After much more changes, two totaly diferent species prevailed, the altered and the minority.

The altered are, simply put, humanoids, adaped to this new world. While the other, much more agresive, minority have developed "skills" called magic by some, and not mentioned by the rest. No-one in the altered has recorded any of the skills the minority had, for one simple reason; No person having seen one of their powers has lived to record information about it. Only a hand-full of the active minoity live, as they are either slaughtered by the altered or do not know they possess such power. Even though both the Altariods and Minori come from the same ancestor, the altered are scared by the minority while the minority thrives on the altered's fear.

The altered were prepared for a time of great war, All the weapon makers were foraging for any material they could manage to get there hands on to protect their soldiers against the minority, the soldiers were all fencing to practice for the great battle about to unfold, and the great leaders were having a tense discussion trying to figure out the best strategy against the minority.

After months of preparation for the final raid, the altered started their march to Miniaroti the minority's "safe haven".When the time came to finaly face off, the altered found an empty city. After long weeks of walking towards the active minority's final destination they needed to turn around back to their homeland, to their wife and children.Before leaving they descided to set-up camp for pne final night befroe calling retreat...

To the altered's despair, the leader of the minority's defence squad had the skill to make anything invisible. He had used his skill to hide all the inhabitents of Miniaroti, until the night had shown its face; When the trechurous clutches of night and sleep had hit the Altered, the Minorie launched their desperate attack.

At the scream of the first few men to be slaughtered all the others woke up, franticly trying to get to their weapon before their turn came. The leader of the tenth squad, who was sleeping at the furthest edge from the city, had howled after all his men to get into formation. They all obeyed, all had there weapons to there side and there sheild on their backs. Thaughts were rushing through all there heads; Is there a way for us to come out alive? Could it be possible that my wife and children survive after my death? These were all unanswerable questions, they knew, but couldn't resist the urge to think. They were all pushed into combat by there squadren leader: Rathiur Kalgrom, a respectable man who had worked for the Supreme Comander, but had been demoted to a squad leader shortly after the Supreme Comander had been attacked, shortly after Rathiur was told to get his rest...But noone wanted to beleive him, they all said he was the one who had led the Minori into the comander's house.

The Altered were up to their necks in trouble, they may have been succeesful at eliminiting the Minories but one of them prevailed in cambat; His skill: To be undefeatable, to be like a svage wolf killing it's dinner. He possesed his body with the spirit of the fighting wolf, overcoming the Altered as if nothing was more simple, as if there body was as fragile as a bug on which you stomp to be rid of. He and only he possesed such great fighting skills, some had tried to train to be as strong but their body soon gave in from the labor; His body could withstand great pressure, which the Alteroid's supreme comander soon learnt...

Tell me what you think, and also please state the things we will have to write about(generality would be okay, though being rather specific would be alot better)

I'm sorry for the inconvenience (replying to what you said on the kongregate forum). I really enjoyed what you've written and I'm willing to give you a chance, if you are still interested. You would be writing/adding to my character bios that have been placed out or offering a better ones, writing quests and you can add to the character histories that I have already written. You are more than welcome to sugguest other ideas, i.e. weapon ideas and such. I think you get the point.

-Ronnie-
Co-Executive

I am still interested in the offer, and thank you greatly for the chance you are giving me.

I wil be giving some ideas in full written paragraphs (This will help bring in some 3D artists, as they wish to know exactly what you have in mind before making the full meshing and textures). Also, if possible I would ask for some pointers on quest storylines, and go from there, once you wish for me to start working, to make sure that they follow the main storyline you have in mind for this game.

-Jerimo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
isonno



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 am

Name: Regroff
Age: 541(human years:32)
Likes: Aiming right for the middle of the head as to blow out a demons brains
Dislikes: He is terribly afraid of snakes.
Appearance: Small, with stubble on his chin. He also just goes with the flow. Has a sense of humor.

Here is my 3rd person story line:

The man walked with a little hop in his step, as he was on his way to meet the king of Rimtop. All of a sudden he heard something growl. With his razor sharp instincts, he already had an arrow nocked in shooting position. Seeing as it was a dog he lowered his bow. “Here doggy, come here boy.” the man said. The man froze. Something wasn’t right. He turned his head. Nothing. He turned back to the dog. He petted it one more time and then gave it somethjing from his hand. Suddenly the dog bit him. The bite was so intense that it had broken his hand. “OW!! damn dog.” He kicked it. “Hello Regroff. Long time no see.” says a familiar voice." I see that my dog doesn’t favor you. Oh well time to die." Regroff turned around. It was Aleicio. The two clashed splendidly. Finally after about 10 minutes Alecio ran away. “well”, said Regroff.“that was odd.”

1st person view.

I was going to the bar when I saw a demon…To what kind of demon this was i didn’t know. I didn’t know whether to shoot it or let it go;after all, it looked pretty harmless. I was still sitting there thinking when a horse walked right in front of it. I losed my eyes for half a second. When I opened them I didn’t see the horse. All of a sudden a bone came fly ing out form nowhere. I dodged it and saw the problem. The demon had eaten the whole horse and was now throwing its bones at me. Quickly I got my bow and starting shooting left and right. The little sucker was so fast that not a one of my arrows hit him. With one arrow left, I tapped into the Rangers field. The world seemed to slow down, except for my bow. Quickly I looked for the demon. I saw him and shot. “EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!” cried the demon as it melted into the ground. “Bummer for him,”I thought.



Those two stories are from my previos game that I have wrote...Enjoy!! And sorry it took so long to respond. Been busy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
und3adwarrior



Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 22
Location : Kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am

isonno wrote:
Name: Regroff
Age: 541(human years:32)
Likes: Aiming right for the middle of the head as to blow out a demons brains
Dislikes: He is terribly afraid of snakes.
Appearance: Small, with stubble on his chin. He also just goes with the flow. Has a sense of humor.

Here is my 3rd person story line:

The man walked with a little hop in his step, as he was on his way to meet the king of Rimtop. All of a sudden he heard something growl. With his razor sharp instincts, he already had an arrow nocked in shooting position. Seeing as it was a dog he lowered his bow. “Here doggy, come here boy.” the man said. The man froze. Something wasn’t right. He turned his head. Nothing. He turned back to the dog. He petted it one more time and then gave it somethjing from his hand. Suddenly the dog bit him. The bite was so intense that it had broken his hand. “OW!! damn dog.” He kicked it. “Hello Regroff. Long time no see.” says a familiar voice." I see that my dog doesn’t favor you. Oh well time to die." Regroff turned around. It was Aleicio. The two clashed splendidly. Finally after about 10 minutes Alecio ran away. “well”, said Regroff.“that was odd.”

1st person view.

I was going to the bar when I saw a demon…To what kind of demon this was i didn’t know. I didn’t know whether to shoot it or let it go;after all, it looked pretty harmless. I was still sitting there thinking when a horse walked right in front of it. I losed my eyes for half a second. When I opened them I didn’t see the horse. All of a sudden a bone came fly ing out form nowhere. I dodged it and saw the problem. The demon had eaten the whole horse and was now throwing its bones at me. Quickly I got my bow and starting shooting left and right. The little sucker was so fast that not a one of my arrows hit him. With one arrow left, I tapped into the Rangers field. The world seemed to slow down, except for my bow. Quickly I looked for the demon. I saw him and shot. “EEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!” cried the demon as it melted into the ground. “Bummer for him,”I thought.



Those two stories are from my previos game that I have wrote...Enjoy!! And sorry it took so long to respond. Been busy

I like it. The character kinda reminds me of Indiana Jones lol, but the action and suspense are attractive and I think that you just might be one of the last writers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
isonno



Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks for accepting me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:15 am

isonno wrote:
Thanks for accepting me.

No one ever upgraded your account, so you could see the hidden info. I just took care of it it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeMuro
Head Writer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:05 am

I haven't worked on a lot of games, or any that were finished really. I've been writing small stories for a while, but I never really submitted them to anything.

-- This is an old piece I wrote a while ago, so it's not that good. It's the only thing that I could find on my computer (It's been acting up). --





;; Log # 0001 -- '19 -- NY, US -- 14:31 -- Sgt. Connor O'Malley -- 78th Infantry ;;

I'm writing these logs, because after last night, I don't think I will stay on this Earth much longer. The Russians have invaded, with the help of the Chinese and Koreans. All of us thought Russia and China would be no problem, all we had to worry about was the Koreans and Taliban. That wasn't so. Last month, The Russians invaded through Alaska, and New England. We haven't been able to stop them, we just keep getting pushed back. Now, we're in the city. The Russians are held up in an office building across the street from us, it's been peaceful, for the most part. Seems as no one wants to die, on either side. I'm fine with that; but High-Command isn't. Last night, my squad was ordered to sabotage a communications center in the basement of the Russian-held building. We got in fine, met small resistant. These new issue suppressors really came through for us. We entered the basement, and planted a small amount of C4. No-one was guarding the basement, except for those few we took out on the way in. I ordered my squad to move out, PFC. Iniguez on point. We reached the lobby safely, then all we heard was non-stop shooting. I don't remember much after that, my training took over. The only thing I do remember is the sharp pain in my stomach; and the yells from Cpl. DeCaro to get me out of there.

I came to in an apartment building. The sounds of weapons ejecting their ammunition, artillery shells bombarding near-by buildings was overwhelming. Our troops were exchanging fire with the Russians across the street. I looked down to my stomach, and found it patched up. I reached for my rifle, Doc Daniels rushed over and told me to stay down, and don't move too much. After a few hours, I found myself talking to the Captain. He told me the horrible details of most of my squad. After I was shot, three privates dragged me back across the street into our building. The rest stayed behind to cover us. Only a few survived. From my 16-man squad, only five made it back over. I had to rest my hand on something, or I knew I was going to fall over. We all need to get out of this damn city, everyone knows it's lost. If not, this city will be our graves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedRaven
Head Project Manager / Lead Music Producer and Sound Technician
Head Project Manager / Lead Music Producer and Sound Technician


Posts : 121
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 25
Location : The darkest places of my mind

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:34 am

@ crgd

Ronnie and I are talking over your application right now. We'll let you know as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeMuro
Head Writer


Posts : 63
Join date : 2011-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:45 am

Alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:18 am

crgd wrote:
Alright.

Well, I'm going to make the decision to hire you. So, by the time you read this your account will be upgraded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evildot46



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-20
Location : Saskachewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello,
I was wondering if there was still an open spot for a creative writer?
My portfolio can be found at: http://www.ascribesbeginning.blogspot.com/
If at all interested please don't hesitate to email me: thezeck400@hotmail.com
Thanks all the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ascribesbeginning.blogspot.com/
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Nice work, very detailed, exactly what's need. Upgrading your account as we speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evildot46



Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-20
Location : Saskachewan, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:21 am

Thanks for accepting me. Very Happy Can't wait to start working with you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ascribesbeginning.blogspot.com/
bantos
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 20
Join date : 2011-03-10

PostSubject: My story writter application   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:42 am

My online name is bantos, just call me ban if you want. I want to get my start on story writing here if you will have me. I have just started a story that I am willing to use as an example but I can't post it publicly. I would like to request that I can send it in a pm. Please keep in mind that I just started it yesterday so it will have some holes in the story. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronnie
Co-Executive
Co-Executive


Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-01-23
Age : 23
Location : North Carolina, USA

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:48 am

bantos wrote:
My online name is bantos, just call me ban if you want. I want to get my start on story writing here if you will have me. I have just started a story that I am willing to use as an example but I can't post it publicly. I would like to request that I can send it in a pm. Please keep in mind that I just started it yesterday so it will have some holes in the story. Thank you.

I've have already told you that I was willing to give you a chance. I've upgraded your account. Please read the global announcements before you start posting. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfy-Boey
Project Writer
Project Writer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-20
Age : 25
Location : Scotland (Not Scotish)

PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:59 am

Hi, this one of three quests I submitted for a side quest competition for the videogame "S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2":



 
 
Quest# 2 “Some Artifacts are too precious…”

Reznov is suspicious of all the mysterious outings that his daughter has been taking. She's been sneaking off every day at 1:00 AM sharp. So Reznov commissions the player to secretly follow his daughter Mia the next time she sneaks off (he doesn't want to use someone from his work force because Mia would recognize them in an instant). Obviously, he will reward you generously for your trouble. And so at night, whilst keeping a safe enough distance, the player follows Mia until she stops at what seems to be a rendezvous point where a S.T.A.L.K.E.R from her father’s Group is waiting for her. It turns out that she's been sneaking off at night to train with her father’s men to become a S.T.A.L.K.E.R herself. It seems that all those years being surrounded by them as a little girl has made her aspire towards being one when she grew up. Her father isn't too happy about this when the player informs him of her ambitions. He believes it to be too dangerous of a profession, but his daughter persists. And so he strikes a bargain with Mia, he will give one assignment, and on the condition that she is successful with this assignment he will let her be a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. He assigns her with a simple mission, some scientists want to explore an old abandoned mine for research purposes, but have hoped Reznov and his men would clear it as a safe zone first, before they start investigating it. She accepts his offer and goes off immediately to finish the job. But Reznov knows secretly that the mine is infested with mutants and hopes such a dangerous mission would scare her out this profession. He is no fool though, so he sends the player to follow again, this time to protect her in case things get too dangerous. It is clear however, after the player catches up with Mia, that she is not prepared well enough to complete this mission, so the player helps her clear the mine. After the deed is done however, the player has the choice to lie to her father and claim that she did it all without any help.

I hope you guys like it, also I have other writing material if you want more, but it probably wouldn't fit in a forum post though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Writer Application   Today at 2:24 am

Back to top Go down
 
Writer Application
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» EC receives UK application for 5p off islanders' fuel
» Application for PIA and PIA supplement
» Bain's JrMod Application
» Clash OF Clans Application (FORMAT) !
» Name Change Application (FORMAT) !

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Last Haven :: Game Development :: Applications-
Jump to: